St. Peter’s Church in Assisi was founded together with the monastery in the 10th century by the Benedictines of Mount Subasio in a time of “strategic” expansion of the Order. At the beginning of the 13th century it was rebuilt according to a particular Romanesque-Gothic design. The rectangular façade built with the typical pink stone of Mount Subasio. is punctuated by three portals. as many rose windows and two strips divided by a cornice with suspended arches. The central portal is flanked by two lions. It was consecrated by Pope Innocent IV in 1253. The inside. restored in 1954. has three naves separated by pilasters. with a raised presbytery. semicircular apse and dome. Funeral monuments of aristocrats from Assisi of the 13th and 14th century are found on the counter-façade and sides of the presbytery. while on the walls and in the chapels there are paintings from the same period. A main feature. as much as it may seem irrelevant. is that it does not belong to the Franciscan Order.