It was the former church of the homonymous convent. consecrated as See of Vila Real in 1924. It’s a three-nave temple from the 15th century of Romanesque. though late. style with Gothic influences. as it can be seen by the inner pointed arches and its rigid verticality. The stained glass windows were painted by João Vieira in dedication to the Gospel according to John. The bell tower was built in 1742 and the main chapel was rearranged in 1753. The temple was burnt down in 1837 and then rebuilt in the decade that followed.