Brodnica – the ruins of the Teutonic Order's castle in Brodnica: The ruins of the Teutonic Order's castle. The brick castle was built in the period 1305 – 1339 as the seat of the commander of Brodnica. It was erected west of the incorporated town and was connected to it with a mutually complementing defensive walls system. After the Thirteen Years' War broke out (1454 – 1466) it was captured by Polish forces and was finally returned to Poland in 1479. It was ruined in the 17th century during the Swedish wars. Despite attempts at renovation it remains a ruin. The only preserved elements are the castle cellars and the clearly visible 50-meter tower that is open for visitors and from which a splendid view of the town and the whole are can be admired. One of the units of the Brodnica Museum is located in the cellars.