Iława - Roman-Catholic Parish of Transfiguration of Our Lord in Iława: The church Transfiguration of Our Lord in Iława – built in the period 1317-1325 in Gothic style with a Renaissance tower of 1550. redeveloped several times. Commonly known among the dwellers of Iława as “the red church” due to the material from which it was built. The building fulfilled the role of the town's parish church and is as old as the town itself. Despite the fact that the parish was under the supervision of the Teutonic Order the actual care over the church was from the very beginning in the hands of the local burghers whose wealth influenced its condition. The Corpus Christi brotherhood. that gathered the local elite. was active by the church. The church was redeveloped several times. The last major redevelopment took place in the 1903-1905 period. Currently the church is under the care of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate. On the 16th of September 1949 the church – as the first building in Iława – was included in conservation care.