The Palazzo Capitano del Perdono was built between 1615 and 1620 on an existing building in order to accommodate the authorities - the *Captains* - who had the task to watch over the fair. held every year on the occasion of the popular Festa del Perdono. or Festival of Forgiveness. Thanks to its red bricks. its oulook is sober and elegant: the palace is made of three floors. The ground floor is preceded by a colonnade. the first floor by a square-base porch featuring pillars. and the second floor features a rectangular tower. The first two floors are an example of 17th century architecture while the third level dates back to the 19th century.