Chopin Centre in Szafarnia: Manor from mid-19th century was built in place of a former wooden one. At the moment it is used by the Chopin Centre that propagates the knowledge about the composer and his music. It is surrounded by a landscape type park from late 19th century. The history of the Chopin Centre in Szafarnia goes back to 1949. Its activity was formally commenced on 25 September with the “Chopin Festival”. On the 7th of September 1952 the commemorative plaque was unveiled. the school in Szafarnia was given the name of Fryderyk Chopin and the memorial room was transformed into the Fryderyk Chopin Cult Centre. The facilities of the Centre were still very modest. It consisted of two rooms in the school building. Despite the fact that the name of the centre was constantly changing the forms of its activity remained the same and focussed mainly around concerts and openings. In February 2004 the Local Parliament of the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship passed a resolution on co-managing from 1 September 2004 of the new Chopin Centre with the Radomin Commune. This institution took over all the facilities of the liquidated primary school. On 5 January 2009 Agnieszka Brzezińska was appointed at the position of the director. Her main objectives are promotion of the centre among Polish and foreign tourists. broadening the offer directed at children and youth and to transform the museum room into an interactive gallery. Apart from the above mentioned tasks the centre still operates a vivid concert and educational activity.