Gothic church of St. James the Apostle. The cornerstone for its construction was laid in 1309 by Herman von Prizna in Chełmno- which is confirmed by a Latin inscription in the form of a ceramic frieze. placed on the outer and inner walls around the presbytery. Built by the Benedictine cyst in the place of the earlier wooden temple. It was formed in stages. it is non-oriented with a basilica layout with a separate presbytery. Built of brick with a Wendish pattern. on a stone plinth. The construction of the presbytery was completed around 1320. the church's frame around 1340. and the tower was completed in 1350. From the 2nd half of the 14th century to the 1st half of 15th rows of chapels were added on both sides of the frame. The vaults of the presbytery and the nave are star-shaped. the side naves are cross-shaped. From the 1st half of the 14th century to 1557 the temple at which the monastery existed belonged to the Benedictine Cistercians. until 1667 to Evangelicals. then in 1667-1832 it was owned by Benedictines. and from 1833 it is a parish. In 1391 destroyed by fire. rebuilt until 1410. High tower is 49m high with a distinct crack. caused by a lightning strike. The interior of the church is very interesting and dates from the 14th-19th centuries. On the walls of the presbytery there is a polychrome depicting. among others. St. James the Elder. St. Filip and Weraikon from the 4th quarter of the 14th century. Renaissance stalls from the 17th century and a Gothic painting Passion of Christ in 22 scenes from the 4th quarter of the 14th century. In the main nave. the organ prospect from 1611 and a set of wall paintings from the middle of 14th century depicting: the Last Judgment. the Martyrdom of Ten Thousand. the Baptism of Christ. the Christ Teaching. Coronation. Mary and the Suffering Christ. and the Saints. In the southern nave there is a crucifix. that is. the Tree of Life from the late 14th century- with figures of 12 prophets and statues of St. John the Evangelist and the Virgin Mary. as well as murals from the life of St. Mary Magdalene and Our Lady of Apocalypse with St. Sebastian from the 4th quarter of the 14th century. Around the temple on the outside there are stone tombstones with gmerks. During the preparations for the visit in Toruń of the Holy Father John Paul II in 1999 . the Mystical Crucifix underwent a comprehensive renovation. replica of which reigned over the papal altar. The baroque main altar. restored in the years 2003- 2005. radiates with full splendour of the monumental gilding. The conservation program in recent years includes. to an increasing extent. the conservation and renovation of church architecture and its surroundings.