Joniškis St James the Apostle Church is situated in Joniškis. on the north-western bank of the lake Arinas. The first church was built by Jesuits in 1726. With the care of the parson F. Petrauskas and the congregation the timbers of the church were changed in 1848. The church is rectangular. with two towers. three-wall apse and 2 lower vestries. Inside consists of 3 naves with columns. A fence of a churchyard is stonework. The priest Stanislovas Šlamas (1866-1951). the distributor of banned press. is buried in the churchyard.