It is a Romanesque church. of the Compostelana School of the 12th century and located in the centre of the Old Town of the city of A Coruña. It is considered the oldest temple in A Coruña and has been historically linked to the English Way by the arrival of numerous pilgrims who came to Compostela by sea. It possesses ogival elements of the 14th and 15th centuries as well as reconstructions of several periods due to the damages caused by several fires. The main doorway has an ogival rosette from the late 14th century and the tympanum with the Apostle Santiago. On the north portal. there is the tympanum with the *Agnus Dei*. In its interior there are ancient tombs and a stone pulpit from the 17th century. Interesting Roman aras are also kept inside. In the atrium. the city council would meet in the 14th century. and in one of its towers (at present. only the one of the bell towers remains) the gunpowder was stored for the defence of the square. It possesses an archive with documents of parish books from the year 1527. Declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 1972.