4.- Historic town of Grado Located on the banks of the Cubia river. near the place where it meets the Nalón river. Grado is a thriving village. closely linked since ancient times to commercial activities. and its markets are still referents today. It is a historic small town. first known as Pramaro. During the 20th century. with its current name. was one of the most powerful nuclei of medieval Asturias. as its municipal charter was written in 1256. During the Modern Age its fairs and markets remained important and from the 19th century on the town saw an important rise linked to its strategic location in the road between Oviedo and Galicia through the interior of western Asturias. There are still remains of the wall of Grado. from the late 13th century. and some vestiges of the medieval plot and of the alignment of the intramural streets. A rich set of heritage assets give the town of Grado a remarkable interest from a patrimonial point of view. highlighting the palace of Valdecarzana and its chapel of Nuestra Señora de los Dolores (Our Lady of Sorrows). as well as different mansions and villas promoted in the 19th and 20th century by Spaniards enriched in America. Grado used to have a hospital for pilgrims (under the name of Nuestra Señora de las Candelas). quoted for the first time in documents of the 16th century. although it is probably from a previous foundation.