The church of the hermitage. classified as national monument. since 1916. is located on the slopes of the Paiva River. being the only structure belonging to the former Monastery of the order Premonstratense of Santa Maria da Ermida de Riba Paiva. This church was founded in the second half of the XII century by D. Roberto. French monk. and was constituted by the church and an annexed monastery. of which remains some ruins of its cloisters. It is a monument of the Romanesque style and also knowned as Temple of the Acronyms. due to the numerous symbols engraved on the stones. both outside and inside. that form this monument.