44.- Church of Santa María in Soto de Luiña This church started to be built in 1712 at the request of the parish priest Antonio Bances de la Vimera and Osorio. Its ground plan has the shape of a Latin cross. with three naves and it is finished with a semi-circular apse. The chapel of Epifanía. which is private. opens up to the crossing. It has a tower of a squared ground plan which is at the foot of the nave. The tower. that dates from 1716. opens up onto the ground floor with semi-circular arches. It has two floors and is crowned by a steeple. On the niches of the façade of the tower there are images of saints. apostles and of the Virgin Mary. On the north and south sides porticos have been constructed and they are supported by iron columns that are open to the exterior.