The Saint James Chapel stands on the top of a hill. known as Alto da Castanheira. framed by the Douro Region and Serra do Marão. With a probable date of construction between the 17th / 18th centuries. it was rebuilt in 1893 - date inscribed on the main façade. On July 25. the festival in honor of St. James is celebrated annually. with a procession of the litter and pagan party in the park that surrounds the chapel.