Nowe Miasto Lubawskie – Basilica of St. Thomas the Apostle in Nowe Miasto Lubawskie: The still preserved medieval construction is a three-nave basilica with an elevated central nave and a high tower in the western elevation. As Nowe Miasto was incorporated in 1325 we can assume that the oldest part of the chancel was built c. 1330 (added to a wooden church). a double-span hall with buttresses. with two windows on the south and one on the north wall. It is a part of the current building that is adjacent to the south wall of the sacristy. The inside of the church combines Gothic. Renaissance and Baroque art. This is mostly thanks to the Chełmno voivode Paweł Działyński and his wife Jadwiga Czarnkowska as well as the parish priest of Nowe Miasto Jan Ewertowski.